Peds 4 Kids
Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine located in Rego Park, NY
Today’s technological advances bring healthcare right into the comfort of your home through a few taps on your phone. That’s the power of telemedicine, which makes it easier than ever to message a provider at Peds 4 Kids in Rego Park, New York. The practice uses the healow app, allowing you to order prescription refills, review lab results, and more. Board-certified pediatrician Daniela Atanassova-Lineva, MD, provides high-quality pediatric and adolescent medical care. Call today or schedule a consultation online.
Telemedicine Q & A
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine puts quality healthcare from Peds 4 Kids at your fingertips. An innovative addition to traditional face-to-face visits, telemedicine relies on state-of-the-art technologies that maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your child’s medical records.
Telemedicine typically uses wireless networks, the internet, and audio or video technologies — or a combination of all of these. The goals of telemedicine include:
- Making quality healthcare accessible and convenient, particularly if it’s difficult to travel to the doctor
- Saving travel time
- Improving communication between you and your child’s provider
- Improving the coordination of your child’s care among doctors, specialists, and patients
- Giving you the tools to review test results and book services for your children
Decades of research have found telemedicine to be safe and effective, per the American Telemedicine Association.
What can telemedicine do?
Peds 4 Kids uses the secure healow app, which puts your child’s complete medical records at your fingertips. You can use healow to:
- Send and receive messages from Peds 4 Kids providers
- Search for and book appointments
- Receive appointment reminders
- Receive medication reminders
- Order prescription refills
- Manage your child’s medications
The service also provides secure, instant access to your child’s medical records, such as:
- Lab and imaging test results
- A history of your child’s procedures
- Vital signs
- Immunization records
- Allergy records
- Health problems
Having access to all of this information helps you and Dr. Atanassova-Lineva work in concert to promote your child’s overall wellness.
If your child isn't’ feeling well, Dr. Atanassova-Lineva also can diagnose your child remotely using the FaceTime function in the app to conduct a remote telehealth visit.
What is a telehealth visit?
A telehealth visit is a virtual appointment with a provider at Peds 4 Kids, instead of in person. Virtual appointments are ideal when your child has a minor illness.
You may want to consider scheduling a telehealth visit when your child has a:
- Sore throat
- Sinus infection
- Stuffy nose
- Eye infection
- Seasonal allergies
- Pink eye
- Poison oak or ivy
A telehealth visit is not only convenient, but it may also help prevent your child from missing school unnecessarily.
To learn more about telemedicine or schedule a remote visit, call Peds 4 Kids today or book a consultation online.